Legal Terms and Conditions
I guarantee that the information provided (in my application) is correct;
I shall keep my username and password confidential and shall not allow others access thereto or the use thereof;
I accept that I shall be responsible for all account activity conducted as a result of any access obtained through the use of my userid and password, should I:
- share my access rights with any other person by disclosing or allowing others to gain knowledge of my user number and password; or
leave my browser unattended while in an active browser session; or
in any other manner conduct or access my Wallettec Account carelessly or negligently.
- I acknowledge that my userid is Wallettec’s property and may be revoked or suspended at Wallettec’s discretion;
- Should I become aware of any breach or attempted breach of Wallettec’s data security I shall inform Wallettec’s management without delay and in writing;
I acknowledge and accept that any use of my Wallettec Account is at my own risk. Without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, I acknowledge that Wallettec will not, under any circumstances, be liable to me for any loss or damages (including consequential, direct, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) arising from:
- any defect or fault in my hardware and/or software; or
- any failure or fault in connectivity to the Internet; or
- the unavailability of the Wallettec website for any reason whatsoever; or
- any failure on the part of Wallettec to carry out instructions given online under circumstances where such failure is the result of a cause beyond Wallettec’s control.
Wallettec acts as an intermediary between the Merchant and the Bank / Mobile Money Providers, acquires information supplied from the Merchant and the Bank / Mobile Money Providers and processes transactions in good faith.
Wallettec does not guarantee the correctness of information acquired or supplied and can in no way be held liable by the Merchant for any damages suffered by the Merchant acting upon such information.
Any dispute between the Bank / Mobile Money Providers and the Merchant howsoever arising, which includes, a dispute regarding:
- The value of reversals of invalid sales;
- Any discount;
- Any refund due to a account holder;
- Any overpayment;
- The value of any transaction;
- The debiting of any Merchant’s account
is deemed to be a dispute between the Bank / Mobile Money Providers and the Merchant and Wallettec is not a party thereto. Wallettec will in no way be held liable by the Merchant for any damages suffered by such Merchant pursuant to such dispute.
Billing will commence on the day the account is activated. Transaction fees shall be deducted at time of transaction. The service may be terminated via written notice at any time. The merchant shall be billed to the end of the month in which written notice of termination was received.
Any transaction concluded via Wallettec’s internet services or any claim that may arise in consequence of the use of Wallettec’s internet services shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Cape of Good Hope Provincial Division of the High Court of South Africa.